Sunday 25 January 2009

Credit where Credit is Due

About a year ago, I found a self-help blog that had a fantastic article on how to make money from a blog. The blog, by one Steve Pavlina, is one with a massive archive of original articles, many of which are interesting, helpful or a mixture of both. There are undeniably some things that he posts about that I don’t agree with, but with the sheer volume of posts that he’s made, that’s hardly surprising.

The reason I’m posting this is because there are quite a few things that I read that I agreed with wholeheartedly, to the point that I didn’t need the advice because I’d already thought of it before, but just hearing it from somewhere else made me think that maybe it was a good idea after all. It may be that you might be able to find something helpful there too.

His blog can be found at http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/

As a personal recommendation, I find this to be a particularly inspirational article: http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2006/05/how-to-make-money-from-your-blog/

On the off chance that he does glance at this, thanks Steve.

Additional Notes:

As of writing this, his blog appears to be discussing the merits of polyamory. Just so we’re clear, these posts are not what I’m referring to when I say that I’ve read about things that I’ve already thought about and it was nice to have them confirmed. One loving relationship is more than enough for me thank you very much. There’s also some talk of Eagles and Bears which I’m not fully behind, but I can see what he’s trying to say.

Oh, and don’t worry, I’m not using you loyal readers (or reader) to make money from you and exploit you. If I was, I’d be finding some subtle way to suggest that you click on all of those advert links, but that sort of thing gets you in to trouble with Google, so I can’t do that.

No comments: