Friday 6 February 2009

Pointless Prattle: Therapy

Fien suggested today that I’m using this blog as some kind of therapy, opening up a little bit about myself and trying to make some sense of it, building an inner narrative of events and helping myself to understand them.

My initial reaction was “Rubbish! I don’t need therapy” and then I started asking myself why I had such a strong reaction and whether that had anything to do with my childhood...

She’s probably got a point. It’s good, cheap therapy, with an indeterminate amount of people listening and if I don’t like what people say back to me, I can always turn the comments off, so I’d say it’s perfect. I can even build up a little advertising revenue if I draw enough people in with my inane chatter, so much more cost effective than real therapy.

This weeks posts have been:

Film: The Wrestler

A Few Inches of Snow

Learning Curves

Noise Pollution and How to Deal with Noise

Living for a Challenge

No comments: